What is “resiliency”? Resiliency is the ability for ALEN’s cloud solutions to recovery quickly and continue operating even when there has been underlying infrastructure or other types of service disruptions.
For traditional law enforcement solutions that require an on-premise server and database to operate their software designing and implementing a highly resilient infrastructure can be a time consuming and expensive process. An example of a resilient system may require purchasing, licensing, and maintaining duplicates of all servers, databases, power-supplies, internet access that are implemented in at least two secure locations.
To accomplish this ALEN has heavily invested in, designed, and implemented our cloud solutions to be resilient at three levels: infrastructure, service access, and client data. This ensures that if something does go wrong both service availability and critical client data is not compromised.
Infrastructure refers to the physical equipment and virtual services within a provider’s datacenter(s) that ALEN operates its services on. To accomplish this ALEN carefully vets its underlying partners and providers to ensure that they can meet the following minimum standards:
- Infrastructure and service availability of 99.99% or higher.
- S. Government approved and qualified datacenters that meet FedRAMP, DoD, PCI, CJIS and other industry standards.
- Are aligned with ALEN’s mission of providing the highest quality of services to U.S. Public Safety entities.
- Have multiple datacenters that are regionally diverse (300+ miles of separation).
Resilient Service Access
Service access refers to the ability for end clients to connect to ALEN’s solution through its web interface to access their solutions such as Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management Solutions (RMS). ALEN commits to its solutions having a service availability level of 99.95% or greater. In order to maintain this ALEN does the following:
- Architects its solutions to avoid having a single point of failure.
- Regionally distributes its computing resources.
- Physical and logical separation of services within a single datacenter.
- 24x7x365 continuous monitoring both using automated systems and physical methods.
- Continuity of operations testing.
- Maintains a regionally replicated failover “Hot-Site” in the event a primary datacenter experiences a service interruption.
Resilient Client Data
Client data refers to the digitally entered and stored information that is entered by a client into ALEN’s solutions. This means everything from incident reports, citations and even uploaded body camera footage. ALEN knows how critical the data within its systems and implements the following to ensure that it is available at any time.
- Realtime data replication between regionally separated datacenters.
- Robust backup and architecture.
- 24x7x365 data integrity monitoring by both automated systems and physical methods.
- Data encrypted in-transit & at-rest using FIPS 140-2 validated algorithms.
To learn more about ALEN and our secure cloud public safety solutions give us a call at 1 (877) 824-9313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .